Skip to main content

5 Minutes with alexkluge

alexkluge manages the Washington D.C. Expos in the AL East. The Expos won the World Series in Season 38, their 13th in Capra. 

1/What If Sports. How long have you been on the site, and how did you end up here? What is your favorite game here? Favorite team or experience on the site? 
          I have been playing Hardball Dynasty for almost 6 years now. I ended up here because of a friend of mine and former Capra owner “mdymond” introduced me to the game. I have only played Hardball Dynasty and have been hooked ever since. Favorite HBD moment was game 6 of the Season 39 World Series when the Expos defeated the Sabres to capture our first World Series title. My second favourite moment was the Season 39 ALDS when the Expos rallied to defeat the Bulldogs after being down 2 games to none to win three straight.


2/Sports. What are your favorite teams in the real world? Favorite players and/or sports memories? What drives you crazy about sports or sports culture? 
          I am very much a “homer” when it comes to my sports teams. Being from Toronto, I follow the Blue Jays, Raptors, and Maple Leafs all very closely. My top sports moments were Joe Carter’s Game 6 series winning home run of the 1993 World Series, Jose Bautista’s “bat flip” from Game 5 of the 2015 ALDS, and Doug Gilmour’s double over time game winning goal of the 1993 Norris Division finals.

3/Music. What are the last three things you listened to? All-time three favorite artists? Best show you've seen? 
          I have very eclectic music taste. Recently I have been listening a lot of Mumford & Sons, M83, and Death Cab for Cutie.

4/Aside from sports and music, what are your favorite hobbies, films, books, etc? What might surprise us about your interests?
          I love to travel and I love eating. Lucky for me Toronto has a great food scene. When I travel, I like to experience local cuisine and culture. 


5/Survival. Where are you from originally, and where are you living now? How do you pay your bills, assuming you do? 

          I am a Real Estate Broker here in Toronto and lived here most of my life. If any other Capra owners are planning a move to Toronto, I’d love to help them! Lol.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HBD Ballpark Factors

Ballpark effects are ranked on a scale from - 4 to + 4, based on their impact on hits (1B), doubles (2B), triples (3B), home runs to left field (HR LF) and home runs to right field (HR RF). The more negative or positive number, the more extreme the effect for that hit in that direction. These numbers are just indicators of the relative effect in the simulation engine. They are important for users and founded entirely on historical fact, but are meant for display purposes and not explicitly used in the simulation engine. City/State Ballpark Capacity 1B 2B 3B LF RF PF Division  Albuquerque (New Mexico) Isotopes Park 11,124 4 4 4 1 0 1.211 West  Anaheim (California) Angel Stadium 45,050 0 -2 -2 0 0 0.951 West  Atlanta (Georgia) Turner Field 50,062 -1 -1 0 1 1 0.950 South, East ...

S19 Power Ranking (Pre-season)

1. Anaheim Anteaters (NL) After seasons of frustration, finally crowned Capra champion. 2. Cleveland Spiders (AL) With Anteaters finally winning, is Cleveland next? 3. Monterrey Campeones (AL) Seven straight division titles. 4. Seattle Picards (NL) Perfecting the art of the 3-run HR. 5. Ottawa Ice (AL) Solid team built around superstars SP Trenidad Espinosa , 1B Alex Valdes . 6. Helena Howling Sukube (AL) Coming off franchise best W-L record. 7. Vancouver Maintaineers (NL) Streaky. Dangerous. Canadian. 8. Cincinnati Roses (AL) Mid-season trades put them over the top. Can they keep it up? 9. Louisville Redbirds (NL) Full of ML-ready prospects. 10. Iowa City Tornadoes (NL) Well-rounded offense and pitching staff.

Early Standouts - American League

Hitters 1B Don Wilson. Scranton Breakers . Just 25, in his 4th full season, and is somehow getting even better after putting up a career .353/.430/.548 in his first 3 seasons. Currently at .405/.457/.759. 1st in the AL in Hits, Avg, OBP, Doubles, and 5th in SLG. Oh, yeah, Wilson also has a nifty 16 game hit-streak going. Sheesh. 1B Rogers Glynn. San Juan Express . When will these children learn to mind their place? Glynn is paving the way for the all-world offense of the Express. 18HR(1st), 40RBI(1st), 37R(1st), .841 SLG(1st), 1.261OPS(1st), not to mention he's hitting .349/.420. Oh yeah, Glynn is 23 and on pace for around 100 round-trippers. DH Jeromy Wagner . Albuquerque Roadrunners . Another youngblood up there with the big boys. 25 and hitting .404/.449/.570. 2nd in AVG, OBP, Hits, and Doubles. More walks than strikeouts. The kind of DH you wish you had. Pitchers SP Shawn Morton . Pawtucket Patriots . The season 1 AL Cy Young, Morton is now 36 and had injury-plagued campaigns ...